After spending a hectic day at work and fulfilling their everyday responsibilities, couples must spend some quality time with each other. They must appreciate a smoother and calmer goodnight sleep. The quantity of time doesn’t matter; all that matters is how well they both spend this time. Couples must Talk to each other about the whole day and show their affection.
This article will help you out to know the effective ways to turn your nighttime routine the best. Our team of psychologists also accepted the importance of these things. Let’s have a look at them
1. Switch your phones to silent mode, and put them away.
Reliance on social media restrains the oxytocin release in your body. Oxytocin is important for emotional bonding and affinity. According to Carol Carey, a well-known Psychotherapist, a couple must follow a rule, i.e., switch off their phones or put them aside at sharp 9 pm.
2. Forget about work.
When you are ready to sleep, keep yourself away from your office work and don’t check your emails. It’s a good idea to accompany your partner and take a break from work, in this way you will be more productive the next day. Have some talk with your partner because the couples are connected emotionally by pillow talk and keep them relaxed and away from worries. Try not to have conversations about financial problems, work, or any other things that make your partner anxious.
3. Go to bed at the same time as your partner.
Many couples have a bad habit of not going to bed at the same time as his/her partner. However, they do not see each other throughout the day. Curt Smith, a famous psychologist, says happy couples have an excellent habit of brushing their teeth together and lying on bed at the same time. It assists in maintaining the closeness and warmth of their relation.
4. Follow a routine.
If you want to sleep well, follow the same good night’s sleep routine. When you follow the same routine, you will get a good sleep as your brain get signals when you get closer to bedtime. And if your partner is with you in this routine, it will bring both of you closer, and your relationship will be more trusting.
5. Have a heart-to-heart talk.
- Your partner’s feelings should mean a lot to you. You don’t have to give advice or find quick fixes. Sometimes we just want to talk about caring for and helping our dear ones.
- Ryan Howes, a well-known Psychologist, advises that you express some positive emotions to your partner before sleeping. It will be helpful for the happy ending of the day, and you will feel better and energetic. Your overall mood will also get better.
- Don’t remember any bad thing that happened that day and always keep your worries and problems outside your room. Express love for each other. While expressing your feelings, be sincere and serious.
6. Don’t argue or get into heated conversations.
Before going to sleep, never engage yourself in heated conversations. You will never get your problems solved by fighting in bed. You will also have difficulty sleeping, and your next day will be sad and depressing.
7. Keep your bedroom child-free.
Michael Viner-Davis is a famous psychologist who advised that the only time you can put your children to your bed is when they have some bad dream. Except that, your bedroom should be children-free; your private place. To maintain your closeness, your bed should be a place of two.
8. Don’t share a bed with your pets.
According to research from the University of Kansas, 63% of people keep their pets with them while sleeping, don’t have a sound sleep. Because your pet might not sleep and disturbs you. Also, pets will make a mess, and the couple’s privacy will be violated.
9. Give each other a massage.
The experts from the National Foundation of Sleep researched that a relaxing and soothing massage at night relieves anxiety and improves sleep quality. It is also an effective way for couples to get closer to each other.
10. Don’t forget about hugs and kisses.
Hugs and kisses should be the most important part of your night routine. Don’t forget to cuddle your partner for some time and show your love to him. Psychologists believe that if you hug your partner while you are in bed, your relationship always remains trouble-free.